Children with ASD, ages 3-18, are invited to attend 10-weeks of soccer with the Waterloo Stars in Waterloo. Siblings, ages 3-18 are also invited to join in on the fun!
Waterloo Stars is an adaptive program for children ages 3-18 to have a positive experience on a soccer team.
Autism Ontario will have full and private use of indoor field for 1 hour weekly.
Children will go through warm up exercises, break out into skills training and then end with a short game. We take cues from the child, siblings and parents and activities can include balancing balls, Frisbees, volleyballs, softer balls, hula hoops, smaller nets, etc. It can be a very diverse hour but it is an hour of physical activity.
**Parents must participate with their children on the field**
Fees – $30.00 Per Child with ASD
$10.00 Paid when registering on Eventbrite
$20.00 Paid at Information Session to Waterloo Stars
= $30.00 total
Soccer jersey for each child with ASD (theirs to keep)
Info Session – Saturday, September 30, 2017 – 3pm-4pm*
Saturday, Oct 14, 2017 – 3pm – 4pm
Saturday, Oct 21, 2017 – 3pm – 4pm
Saturday, Oct 28, 2017 – 3pm – 4pm
Saturday, Nov 4, 2017 – 3pm – 4pm
Saturday, Nov 18, 2017 – 3pm – 4pm
Saturday, Nov 25, 2017 – 3pm – 4pm
Saturday, Dec 2, 2017 – 3pm – 4pm
Saturday, Dec 9, 2017 – 3pm – 4pm
Saturday, Dec 16, 2017 – 3pm – 4pm
*The info session is mandatory. At this session, families will be advised about what to expect for the 10 week sessions. Children with ASD will receive their soccer jersey and parents will be asked to complete insurance forms and make the final balance payment to the soccer club.
What do I need to do before sessions begin?
- There is a manditory information session on TBD. During this time families will be able to fill out the in house waiver form, view the facility (parking, fields, waiting area), meet instructors, and get the soccer jerseys for kids with ASD. Parent will also pay the remaining $20 to the soccer club. *You must fill out insurance waiver(s) and children with ASD must get a jersey to participate.*
Can I bring my other children (ages 3-18) with me to the soccer sessions?
- Yes, please do! Please make sure you register them too!
- We will get the siblings to assist us and involve them in the game.
- Please keep in mind there is a limit of 1 sibling per child we ASD allowed.
Do I need to participate with my children each week?
- Yes! This is an activity for the whole family and we will rely on you to guide us on focus and activity each week.
This event is open to children with ASD (ages 3-18), siblings (also aged 3-18), and their caregivers.
Limit 1 sibling per child with ASD only
Spaces are limited. Pre-registration is required.
Supervision of children/youth at this Social Learning Opportunity is the sole responsibility of parents/guardians and caregivers; childcare will not be provided.
Caregivers must remain present and must participate with their children each week.
Due to allergies and sensitivities, please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, aftershave, or scented products such as hairspray or lotion.
Refunds will not be issued for cancellations after Oct 1, 2017 at 5pm.