OPEN TRYOUT REGISTRATION PROCESS:
All players must pre-register ONLINE for the open tryouts and pay a one-time fee of $15. This fee includes all scheduled Club sessions referenced above. The fee-per-session in previous years has been discontinued.
- No paper registration forms will be accepted for this program – all families must register online;
- The open tryout fee is $15/player;
- The registration period is August 31, 2016 to September 23, 2016 at 5 pm
- Walk-Up Registration Fee: Players who have NOT pre-registered online will be subject to an additional $10 fee on the day of the tryout; this is in addition to the $15 Tryouts Registration Fee.
- Full payment will be accepted online by Visa or Mastercard. Payments at office by Check, Cash or Debit.
- Please note that payment will not be accepted in the office until the online pre-registration has been completed;
- Families choosing to pay in office are required to ensure payment is received by the office within 3 business days of the registration.
- RIM PARK FACILITY MAP
OPEN TRYOUT SCHEDULE
Please review the 2016-2017 Open Tryouts Schedule.
- Once you have registered and paid, the player must sign-in at the designated field tent at the first session and receive their player number.
- Players are asked to arrive at the designated field tent 20-30 minutes prior to the start of their session.
- Players must wear standard equipment: shorts, jersey, shin pads, outdoor shoes, sunscreen, and must bring water.
- All players are asked to NOT wear their club jerseys.
- It is highly recommended that players attend their own age group sessions: U9-2008, U10-2007, U11-2006, U12-2005, U13-2004, U14-2003, U15-2002, U16-2001, U17-2000, U18-1999.)
- Players who solely choose to attend an older age group session run the risk of not making a travel team. All underage players are subject to review and approval by WMSC Technical Coaches.
PLAYER SELECTION PROCESS
Age group open assessments are conducted. There are no specific “A” or “B” or C team tryouts – only by age group and gender. All underage players are subject to review and approval by WMSC Technical Coaches.
- “A” teams will establish their roster by the end of October.
- “B” and “C” teams may be established if sufficient numbers warrant additional teams in the age group after the formation of the “A” team.
- The “B” teams form after the “A” team is selected. “C” teams form after the “B” team is selected.
- Depending on the number of teams available in the age group, if a player is not selected for the A team, the player may try out for the B team; and if a player is not selected for the B team, he/she can try out for the C team.
- Players will not be permitted to solely try out for the B or C team.
U11 & U12 AGE GROUPS (2016/2017)
Following the conclusion of the 4th outdoor open assessment, the selection process of the pool of players will commence. The selection process will be conducted by the technical coaches and appointed age group coaches. It is anticipated that further sessions will be scheduled through October and/or November.
Following the conclusion of the final outdoor open assessment, additional sessions continue indoors until approximately the mid to late November timeframe. The selection process will be conducted by the technical coaches in conjunction with the appointed age group coaches.