These Saturday morning programs are designed for boys and girls born in 2009 through to 2006. These divisions play 5 aside games with goalkeepers and referees.
This program aligns with Ontario Soccer’s Learn to Train program and is supervised by WMSC’s Technical Staff. Parent volunteers are needed to coach at these ages. The Club will provide 4 Club Led coaching sessions by our qualified technical staff throughout the season at the U9/10 age group.
|Age Group||Division||Day*||Time* (Rotates Weekly)||Session Length||Dates||Location||Early Bird Fee until Sept 22||Fee after Sept 22|
|2008 – 2009||U10 Boys||Saturday||8am, 9am, 10am||50 minutes||Oct 21, 2017 – Feb 10, 2018||RIM (Indoor Field)||$215||$240|
|2008 – 2009||U10 Girls||Saturday||10am, 11am, 12pm||50 minutes||Oct 21, 2017 – Feb 10, 2018||RIM (Indoor Field)||$215||$240|
|2006 – 2007||U12 Boys||Tuesday||6pm, 7pm, 8pm||50 minutes||Oct 24, 2017 – Mar 6, 2018||Bechtel (Indoor Field)||$215||$240|
|2006 – 2007||U12 Girls||Monday||6pm, 7pm, 8pm||50 minutes||Oct 23, 2017 – Mar 5, 2018||Bechtel (Indoor Field)||$215||$240|
*days and times subject to change based on field availability/registration numbers
Learning to read the movements going on around them are critical skills to be developed at this age. Playing small-sided games can develop players’ ability to read what other players are going to do based on their movements. Let your players make decisions, expose them to working out problems and coming up with solutions.
Playing situations work best for teaching understanding and building basic game sense.
- Emphasis is on fun, exercise, teamwork, continued skill development
- Teach basic principles of play, teach simple combinations.
- During games everyone should play equal time, in all positions.
- No scores or standings are kept
- Volunteer coach directed session;
- 4 club-lead sessions with qualified Technical Staff (U9/U10 only);
- Each player receives a jersey;
- Game schedule (5v5);
- Certified match officials;
- Each player receives a participation medal at the end of the season;
- Quality indoor facility;
- Curriculum to support volunteer coaches.