WMSC aligns its Recreational program with Ontario Soccer’s Long Term Player Development (LTPD) program. LTPD is about putting the player first and offering age-appropriate opportunities for kids to enjoy the game of soccer. Making the game fun is key in teaching and coaching, so that players will continue in the game and may even coach or referee as they get older.
PROGRAM SCHEDULE & OUTLINE
- Each player receives a soccer jersey.
- Shin pads are mandatory for all ages.
- Indoor turf shoes/outdoor soccer shoes are acceptable. Running shoes may be worn for soccer fun.
- All jewellery is not allowed on the field excluding medical alert bracelets. For greater clarity, taping of jewellery (ie. earrings) is not permitted.
- WMSC’s exclusive online registration provider is Power Up Sports.
- All families must register online.
- Returning families from the previous season must use the same profile to register their child.
- New members should first click the ‘Sign Up’ option to create themselves a profile. Follow the steps, and once you’ve setup your family, you can register for the programs that are active.
- Please refer to our Registration How To document for further instruction on completing your registration.
- Spots in the program are filled on a first-come, first-served basis and are not guaranteed.
- Families are invited to review the Club’s F.A.Q. available HERE;
- Proof of age is required for all NEW families to the Club. Please submit to the office within 2 weeks of registration or before program start.
WMSC uses volunteer coaches for our Recreational House League soccer programs. Volunteering is a terrific way to get involved in soccer while at the same time supporting your club and your community. A coaching jersey is provided to all coaches.
If you are interested in volunteering as a coach for recreational soccer, choose the VOLUNTEER NOWoption in your family account in Power UP. Coaches, if you are not the primary account holder in the Power Up registration system, you are required to have an individual account with a unique email address. Once you have created your profile you can volunteer with the club by clicking the VOLUNTEER NOW in the main menu. Returning coaches – please use your current coaching profile.
Check our Coaching Resources page for practices appropriate for your age group.
Companies have the opportunity to sponsor team jerseys for the Indoor season. Your supplied logo will be screen printed on the team(s) and displayed prominently on the Club website during the indoor season.
|# of Teams||Cost of Sponsorship per team|
|4 + teams||Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Interested in sponsoring a team? Click here to complete an application.
- Online payment accepted by Visa, Mastercard or Visa Debit
- Office payment accepted by Cheque, Cash, Debit or Financial Assistance
- Registration is not complete nor reserved until payment has been received.
- All NSF payments are subject to a $40 fee. Player will be placed on a team only after the full fee has been received by the Club and if space is still available.
FAMILY RATE DISCOUNT
Families registering three (3) or more players in the Club’s Recreational Program/Competitive Program are entitled to a base discount of $20 per player. If you are eligible for this Family Rate Discount, the online registration system will automatically calculate the discount.
Fee Assistance Leisure Access Program is a program of financial support for residents with low income living in Waterloo, that helps individuals participate in City of Waterloo recreational and affiliated minor sport and arts programs. The assistance is given in the form of a credit to eligible individuals. Please apply ahead of time and have your Access Card available when you register. The amount of subsidy is based on total family income.
Visit the City of Waterloo website for more details
Generally, unless for a compassionate reason such as season-ending injury, refunds will not be issued once the program has started. All refunds are subject to a $40 administrative fee. If you are approved for a refund, a pro-rated refund will be issued. For refund considerations please complete the Refund Request Form.
ROSTER ASSIGNMENT / CHANGING TEAMS / TEAMMATE REQUEST
WMSC will make every effort to accommodate placement on a team with ONE other registered player. Teammate requests must be made through your family account in the Power Up system. Deadline for requests is September 27, 2017.
Once team rosters are set and schedules are finalized, requests for team changes will not be accommodated. WMSC reserves the right to make roster changes to ensure the divisions are balanced.
Review our policy on House League Teammate Request.
All fields, dates and times, are subject to change. Cancellations due to weather are posted on our website no later than 4:00 pm on game day. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for up to date club information.