WMSC is looking for match officials for the 2018 Outdoor season! Competitive level exhibition games will begin taking place in April and both competitive and recreational level seasons kick off in May.
For those looking to become a match official, you will need to begin by registering for a match official certification course offered by any soccer club in Ontario. Once certified you will be a registered match official with Ontario Soccer and have access to RefCentre in order to be scheduled Rep/Competitive games. In order to officiate WMSC Recreational games, you will need to apply to be a match official through Power Up.
NOTE: You do not need to be certified in a WMSC hosted clinic, to officate with us. You may take any Entry Level or Small Sided Clinic available in Ontario.
STEPS TO BECOMING A REFEREE with WMSC
Step #1: Complete either:
- Small Sided Games Clinic if you are 12 years of age as of March 31, 2018
- Entry Level Clinic if you are 14 years of age as of March 31, 2018
Find a schedule of available courses here: https://www.refcentre.com/ontario/
Step #2: Set up the appropriate online accounts.
- RefCentre (used for Rep/Competitive Game assigning)
- Once you have registered and attended a course your RefCenter account is automatically created
- Power Up (used for WMSC Recreational game assigning)
Step #3: Submit a Volunteer Application within Power Up
(Once your application has been approved – 10 Business Days)
Step #4: Set your availability within Ref Centre and Power Up.
Step #5: Keep checking your email for game assignments and updates!