The Waterloo Minor Soccer Club will offer two scholarship awards to members who have contributed to the success of the Waterloo Minor Soccer Club’s (WMSC) programs. The purpose of the scholarship is to invest in the youth of our community and in the development of the whole player.
Two scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded annually. They will be awarded to one male and one female prior to entering a post-secondary institution (University, College, or CEGEP) for the first time. Individuals already attending a post-secondary Institution are not eligible.
- Applicant must be currently participating in WMSC’s programs at any level or any activity (i.e. player, referee, coach, manager) for a combined minimum of three consecutive years.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing.
- Applicant must be entering a post secondary institution, in 2017, for the first time.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or under at time of application.
- Applicant must be nominated by 2 WMSC members in good standing.
- Children of WMSC staff and previous scholarship winners are not eligible.
- Demonstrated leadership, good citizenship, character and volunteer participation in community activities in either soccer or other areas.
- Contribution to the success of Waterloo Minor Soccer Club programs.
- Demonstrating the principles of fair play throughout their WMSC Participation.