WATERLOO MINOR SOCCER CLUB
NOMINATIONS TO 2017-2019
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Waterloo Minor Soccer Club is requesting nominations to the WMSC Board of Directors to elect up to six (6) directors for a two-year term ending in 2019.
Annual General Meeting
December 6, 2017
Riviera Room, RIM Park, 7:00 PM
The Waterloo Minor Soccer Club is a volunteer, member-based organization, representing over 4,000 youth soccer players within the Waterloo community. WMSC is directed by eleven (11) volunteer board members and six (6) staff with an operating budget in excess of $1 million annually.
All nominations must be submitted in writing, signed by the candidate, and two members of the WMSC in good standing. Please download the Nomination Consent Form.
To be eligible for election as a Director, an individual must:
- Have been a Participant Member or Volunteer Member for at least two years within three years of the election date;
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- Not have been found under the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992 or under the Mental Health Act to be incapable of managing property;
- Have the power under law to contract;
- Have not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country;
- Not have the status of bankrupt.
A Candidate must:
- Complete the Nomination Consent Form;
- Provide one-page candidate resume for distribution to membership;
- A candidate remains on the ballot even if not attending the AGM.
The deadline for nominations is November 24, 2017 at 5:00PM EST
Nominations to be submitted to the WMSC office:
AGM Nominating Officer
Waterloo Minor Soccer Club, RIM Park
2001 University Avenue East, Suite 107,
Waterloo, ON N2K 4K4
For Members who cannot attend in-person please utilize our Proxy Policy and Form to have you votes included.