WATERLOO MINOR SOCCER CLUB
NOMINATIONS TO 2017-2019
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
CANDIDATES FOR THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The final list of candidates for election to the Board of Directors on Wednesday, December 6th is as follows (Click name for bios):
- Troy Alves
- Pilar Anderson
- Vince Bettencourt
- Chris Frengos
- Brian Jewett
- Rob Milne
- Rob Grein
- Grant Spears
- Ramon Talavera
CALL FOR NOMINATIONlS
Waterloo Minor Soccer Club is requesting nominations to the WMSC Board of Directors to elect up to six (6) directors for a two-year term ending in 2019.
Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Riviera Room, RIM Park, 7:00 PM
The Waterloo Minor Soccer Club is a volunteer, member-based organization, representing over 4,000 youth soccer players within the Waterloo community. WMSC is directed by eleven (11) volunteer board members and seven (7) full time staff with an operating budget in excess of $1 million annually.
Please review our Strategic Plan for 2018 – 2020. The following document highlights and exemplifies what the Vision, Mission, and goals are for Waterloo Minor Soccer Club. Please click the following link to read the complete document. If you have any questions about the 2018 Strategic Plan, Please contact The Executive Director at email@example.com
The deadline for nominations is November 24, 2017, at 5:00 PM EST
Nominations to be submitted to the WMSC office:
AGM Nominating Officer
Waterloo Minor Soccer Club, RIM Park
2001 University Avenue East, Suite 107,
Waterloo, ON N2K 4K4
For Members who cannot attend in-person please utilize our Proxy Policy and Form to have your votes included.
Please click here to review and understand the bylaws.
All nominations must be submitted in writing, signed by the candidate, and two members of the WMSC in good standing. Please download the Nomination Consent Form.
To be eligible for election as a Director, an individual must:
- Have been a Participant Member or Volunteer Member for at least two years within three years of the election date;
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- Not have been found under the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992 or under the Mental Health Act to be incapable of managing property;
- Have the power under law to contract;
- Have not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country;
- Not have the status of bankrupt.
A Candidate must:
- Complete the Nomination Consent Form;
- Provide one-page candidate resume for distribution to membership;
- A candidate remains on the ballot even if not attending the AGM.
2017 Simplified Financial Statement